For the sauce:
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sautee onion and garlic, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and red pepper flakes and cook until paste is slightly darkened in color, about 1 minute. Add remaining sauce ingredients, add lid and simmer on low, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
For the chicken:
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise, place between 2 sheets of wax paper. Tenderize with a meat mallet until ⅓” thick. Season with salt.
- In one bowl, whisk eggs, garlic powder, onion powder, and ½ tsp. salt. Place breadcrumbs in another large shallow bowl.
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F for 3 minutes. Working with 1 cutlet at a time, dip into egg wash, letting excess drip back into bowl. Dredge in panko, pressing firmly to adhere, ensuring no bare spots remain. Gently shake off excess and place cutlets in single layer inside of air fryer basket. If you are using a smaller air fryer you will need to cook in batches!
- Cook breasts in air fryer for 6 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts over and top with a large spoonful of sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Air fry for an addition 3-4 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degree F.
- Spoon homemade sauce on top of your pasta of choice, and top with air fried chicken breast. Garnish with parsley.